Monday, December 29, 2008

a new year

Well...it's almost 2009. What happened to 2008? Wasn't it just New Years about a month ago? It seems hard for me, I suppose, because I don't personally have any more milestones accomplished than I did last year at this time. I'm alot closer in some areas (like school), but in others I feel I have gotten no where. In adults, the passage of time is usually marked by milestones. Hence...no milestones = where has the time gone? So I guess that's where I'm at right now...another year and nothing tangible to show for it. That's why I love having lots of friends. While I am plugging along, trying to acheive some goals, they are having milestones right and left and keeping me from living in the past. I have to stay in the present to be a part of their lives and i love what that does for me.

So here's to a new year...new chances, new opportunities, and hopefully some new joys that i can take part in. All in all, I have high hopes for this year. I have learned time and again that I can withstand some of the worst that life can throw at me, and be stronger for it. Isn't that reason to hope? (And besides, the areas of m life in which I have the highest hopes couldn't possibly get any worse than they were in 2008, so they have nowhere to go but up.) ;-)

No comments: