Saturday, December 13, 2008

Being an adult is too complex sometimes

So I've decided this week that I don't want to be a grown-up anymore. Life as an adult is not all it's cracked up to be. You remember when you were a kid and all you could think of was that life would get easier when you got older...that as you reached each milestone age and new level of freedom, that would fix everything... And then you turned 16...now you can date and drive..life should be bliss...but it's not. You have hours of homework each day, not to mention your job. You're too busy to have all that fun you envisioned. And so it goes... For every new freedom, you get at least as much, if not more, new responsibility.

This week, as I ponder a new job possibility, and my love life, or lack thereof (and believe me, I'm really not sure which way it's going at this point)and everything else that's going on right now, I could very happily trade places with my best friend's 3-year-old for the next week or two, just so my brain could rest.

Oi...life is good, it really is...I just never fathomed how unbelievably complex it could get. Thank heavens for good friends, who can act as a shoulder to lean on, a sounding board, or even a good kick in the pants when it's called for. Otherwise, I just couldn't do it all.

No comments: