Friday, March 27, 2009

my 2 worlds...

Sometimes I feel like my brain is split between 2 worlds. There's one world, where my friends are, where I'm happy and loving life; and then there's the other, less pleasant one, where my most of my family resides. I'm in MY world, when I'm out with my friends, gone to Church, gone to work, at night when everyone else has gone to bed, or when I'm on my phone with friends. And then suddenly someone will burst through my bedroom door, or maybe I'll simply have to come home from...whatever, and then MY world bursts, much like a bubble, and I am sucked back into their world again. I have to fight, most of the time, to avoid being sucked into that world permenantly, but the fight is worth it. Someday I will be able to spend the vast majority of my time in MY world, and have a home like I've always dreamed of, and the joy I will find there will make the fight to stay out of their world worth every moment of the struggle.

1 comment:

Family Journal said...

Why such a strong aversion to your family? Maybe your strength and positive thinking will influence them to be more positive also. People hurt my feelings also from time to time but I don't try to stay away from anyone unless they are hurting my kids. You are a great person, Eliza. I can't understand why your family bothers you so much. Don't worry, be happy! Really! :) Water off a duck's back. Love you, girl!