Sunday, November 2, 2008

this election

So, supposedly politics is one of the two subjects you just don't talk about. And after the last week or so, I can see why. Many people are so opinionated (which is good) but also emotional and non-logical (which is really bad). There seems a huge lack of study and thought in many people's views. Now don't get me wrong...I'm all for diversity, and I'm not saying that if you don't agree with me, you must be uneducated. What I am saying is that if you can't defend your point on the basis of fact and sound reasoning, and you get emotional, defensive, and sometimes even downright mean when challanged, then perhaps more study and a greater use of the cerebral cortex are in order. As grateful as I am to live in this country and as blessed as I feel to enjoy the freedoms we enjoy, I will be sooooo happy when election day has passed and life (and the people in it) can get back to "normal". Less arguments, less contention, and especially less commercials and obnoxious solicitation calls.

No comments: